Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rustic Strawberry Tart

I've had some puff pastry sitting in the freezer and no idea what to do with it. Strawberries have been on sale at the grocery store and I bought too much! Violett can't go through that many in a day so what to do? What to do? Hmmm, the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living as a Strawberry Galette which is basically a pie crust laid out flat on a baking sheet, lined with cut strawberries and the edges turned up. I used the puff pastry dough instead. It still worked out just fine, but I'll admit...it looks really crappy to me! Violett loved it and so did Scott. I loved it too, but next time i will use pie crust and make it myself. That way it will be big enough. Now, I know that it would have looked better if I had sliced the strawberries evenly and discarded the outside of the berry slices, but BLEH, who really cares? I'm not that picky. I had used the tray and parchment paper earlier that day to freeze grapes. I dried it off but when I had taken it out of the oven all the sugars left behind by the grapes carmelized on the sheet.

No comments: