Thursday, September 4, 2008

Creme Brulee

While we were driving to the Corn Maze last weekend we realized that it wasn't exactly where we thought it was. I called Scott's Dad, Barry and he looked it up on the internet for us. After visiting the maze, I gave Barry and Edie a call again to say thank you for helping us and to invite you over for dinner!

Mmmmmm, I'm making Creme Brulee...so yummy. I had plans to make Butternut Squash soup and grilled cheese for dinner and so they agreed. We had a few hours to spare before they came over so I got down to work. With the soup on it was time to tackle the brulee. I had never actually made it before, but it was simple enough.

I used the recipe from my trusty Joy of Cooking. Some cream, some eggs, sugar and vanilla, into the oven and out it came in little ramekins of goodness. I got my blowtorch out and scorched some sugar on the tops, served them up and everyone was very happy. I'll be making them again for this weekend!

No comments: