Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sad Times

Tonight I am a little sad. I was busy in the kitchen doing what I do. Thai Chicken Stew with Fennel and rice was cooking away on the stove. Violett sits in her high chair throwing Goldfish to the dog. Only a few hours until my wonderful Husband comes home. Life was good...Then there was a noise. I couldn't figure it out at first. The stove sounded like it was popping. I stirred my veggies cooking away in the pot and the popping sound kept coming and coming. I looked at the burner to see if there was anything burning...nothing! I thought "hmm, perhaps it's the fennel cooking? Does fennel make a popping sound when it is cooked?" That's silly and no, that's not it either! Then I looked down at the burner again. To my horror and dismay the bottom of my beautiful Lagostina pot was separating from the rest! Unbelievable. This is a great loss to me. I loved that heavy bottomed dutch oven that I found in a thrift store for a buck! Rest In Peace, beautiful pot, Rest In Peace. Sweet.

No comments: